Monday, June 22, 2009

"HOW TO INHERIT THE BLESSINGS?"

THE LORD WILL GREATLY BLESS YOU. (Deut 15:4)

It is God’s desire to bless you. God wants to bless you and lift you up more than what you are now. The Lord will bless you greatly (Deut 15:4), will never fail to keep His promise. He will certainly bless you greatly as He has promised. Believe and confess your faith by saying, The Lord will bless me greatly. What sort of blessing do you need? Be it spiritual, physical, worldly or any other, God will certainly give you the blessings that you need. Right now God is ready to bless us. But it is up to us to inherit all these blessings from God. We cannot receive unless we strive for it. Remember that God can never bless the sluggard.

God called Abraham and promised to give this land to him and to his generation, but also said, Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you. (Gen. 13:17) It is not easy to walk around the whole land. But Abraham walked around the land and inherited the blessing. Let us also work to inherit all the blessings that God has in stored for us.

SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT

In the early days of my walk with God, I eagerly attended the spiritual meetings. I use to listen to the spiritual experience of the preachers. It was a great wonder to me when they said the experience of praying for one or two hours. An interest in my heart arose to pray in the same manner. One fine day, I made a decision to pray for one hour and so I knelt before the Lord. I prayed to the Lord for every prayer point that I knew. I felt that I had prayed for many hours. Thinking that I had prayed for one hour, I opened my eyes and found that I had prayed only for 10 minutes. What else should I pray for? was my thought. For I had prayed for all the points that I knew. I wondered how the others prayed for hours together. After some years, when God filled me with the Holy spirit my prayer life changed.

Whenever I go before the Lord in prayer and praise Him, I am surrounded by His presence. The whole place is filled with God’s presence and, the Holy Spirit fills me. When filled by the Spirit, He also opens my spiritual eyes. Then the Holy Spirit gives me the eyes to see Jesus. He helps us to see His likeness. Now, you can feel Jesus Christ near you. You can also feel in your spirit that Jesus is listening and answering your prayers. It is not only in the prayer time, we can feel His presence being with us for the whole day, at every place we go. To be more specific, we can feel Jesus Christ coming with us to all places.

What a glorious experience! It is the Holy Spirit who gives us this glorious experience of walking with God. The Bible says us to be filled with the spirit (Holy Spirit). (Eph. 5:18) Receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit even if you do not receive any other. God is ready to fill you with His spirit. We can receive only when we ask Him with thirst. If anyone thirst, let him come to me and drink. The Holy Scripture says, He who believes in me, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. In this context Jesus has spoken about the Holy Spirit that would be given to those who ask in faith. (John 7:37-39) First, you should have a thirst in your heart to receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit, to be filled with the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to walk with God.

The Bible says, desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy (I Cor 14:1) desire the best gifts (I Cor 12:31) Desire the spiritual blessings. Earnestly have a thirst for these gifts. Then you shall receive it. Jesus Christ said, If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. (Luke 11:13) When you pray with thirst, you shall certainly receive the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. As you pray everyday being filled with the Holy Spirit, you will be blessed with his presence and will grow in your walk with God. Inherit all these blessings by faith.

PHYSICAL BLESSINGS HAVE FAITH

It is God’s desire that you be in sound health. He has promised as I will take sickness away from the midst of you. (Exodus 23:25) God wants to take away sickness from you and your family. But it is you, who need to inherit all these blessings. When Jesus Christ lived in this world, many sick people came in search of Him and received their healing. Though He healed them freely, it was only one thing that He expected of those who came in search of Him. That was to have faith in Him. Once, two blind men walk behind Jesus and shouted to Him, Have mercy on us, Son of David When He had come home, those blind people came to Him. Jesus looked at them and said, Do you believe that I am able to do this. They said, Yes, Lord. Then He touched their eyes and said; According to your faith will it be done to you. Then their eyes were opened. (Matthew 9:27-30) The two blind men received their healing because of their faith. On another occasion, a father came in search of Jesus for the deliverance of his child who was under the bondage of evil spirit. He said to Jesus, But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us. Jesus said to him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, Lord I believe, help my unbelief! Immediately God delivered his son from the bondage of the evil spirit. (Mark 9: 21-27) The faith of the father enabled the deliverance for his son. Carefully observe the word that was said by Jesus to the father of the child. If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes. (Mark 9:23)

This is what Jesus says to you. If you could believe, it is possible. You shall receive healing from your sickness. Have faith and receive your healing. Don’t seek others to pray for you, when you fall sick. Call upon the Lord yourself. God will see your faith and heal you. It is your belief that can make Him glad. Believe that He is to heal you. Believe and pray that He can heal you today. You shall certainly receive the healing. The prayer of faith will save the sick. (James 5:15).

Do not seek a servant of God when a member in your family falls sick. First, believe and pray. God will give an amazing answer to your prayer done in faith. Seek other’s prayers, when you face a circumstance in which you need there the prayer of others. Nearly 8 years ago, in the early days of my ministry, one day suddenly my father became sick. He fainted unconsciously. His eyes closed and he was unable do anything. He went the verge of death. The neighbours who got the news came to help us immediately. Our village is a small one. We were wondering what to do, as there were no doctors then. When we decided to hire a car and take my dad to the hospital in Ramanathapuram my neighbor house man told me, Dear brother, pray Jesus will heal him! That day my village people were all Hindus I and my parents were the only accepted the Lord and we were involved in ministry. My relatives who were gathered there were also Hindus. At this circumstance, I was afraid to pray. I was filled with fear because of the following questions, What if his life departs when I pray? What will the others think of me? I did not have faith that Jesus would perform a miracle at that moment.

My mother also said, Pray unto Jesus and he will perform a miracle. As there was no other way, I placed my hand upon my dad for my mother’s sake and village people’s shake and said a small prayer. As soon as I ended the prayer my father opened his eyes and arose. There was no need for him to go to the hospital as he was healed completely. I was surprised myself. I had this question in my mind, Has this miracle taken place because I had prayed? It was not my prayer that brought this healing but the faith of those village people and my mother. Faith was also created within me. After that my father was alive and still he is doing Lord’s ministry. Pray with faith. You will receive the miraculous healing from our Lord.

WORLDLY BLESSINGS GIVE

God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. (I Timothy 6:17) God desires us to be blessed in all aspects abundantly and be a blessing. The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. (Proverbs 10:22). Our God is a God who does not add troubles in our lives. God does not desire us to worry over penury, debts and financial needs. God wishes that we be a blessing in all aspects. But we have to do two things to receive this blessing.

1. GIVE TO THE LORD:

We should give to the Lord, as he expects from us. Many do not receive the blessings from God, as they do not give the amount of what is expected of him by God. At least, tithes should be given to God. This means one tenth of our income should be given to the Lord. Since people don’t do this, they lack the blessings of God. They are continuously being caught us in curses like debts, poverty and financial problems. See what God tells you. Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, in what way have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with the curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. (Malachi 3:8,9) If we don’t give unto the Lord one tenth of our income it would be a deception from our part. How can God bless those who cheat and deceive Him?
Since many people cheat God in offerings, curse baffles their family. Thus, they are not blessed financially and always have money problems. If this curse has to be changed and a blessing should come to the family, one should be true in giving offerings to the Lord. Once, when I was talking to a businessman I asked about the state of his business. He said, it is a blessing and God is blessing us greatly. I asked him, what did he think was the reason for him to be blessed so much? He said, I do not do any business on Sundays, but we go to church, to worship God and partake in ministries. Secondly, every month from the calculated income we give one tenth to the Lord. I believe that this is reason why God is blessing me. When we give our tithes to the Lord, He promises us, Will throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. (Malachi 3:10) When you become a source of the Gospel, to build the kingdom of God, and a blessing to many ministries, God will bless you greatly and lift you up. Give, and it will be given to you. a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured out your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Luke 6:38)

2. GIVE TO THE POOR:

God desires us to give one portion for God’s ministry and another portion to the poor. The Lord says: There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be open handed toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land. (Deut 15:11) It is God’s command to help the poor and the needy. God has promised, He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done. (Proverb 19:17) God cannot bless the selfish people. God will bless those who share their resources with others. Do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Since Cornelius, a military officer helped the poor, God sent His Angel and revealed His to him. (Acts 10) God sent His Apostle Peter and Dorcas, a woman who was known for her good works and her help for the poor. (Acts 9) Even you could receive the blessings, miracles in your life by giving to the Lord and the poor. The Lord will bless you greatly.

For the Lord your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you. (Deut 13:6) God is going to bless you in this manner. Receive the blessings from God with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment